Different factors can contribute to the development of hemorrhoids, like straining during bowel motions and irregularity. Most women encounter having hemorrhoids over the course of maternity and this is because of the elevated pressure from the unborn infant in the womb. Sitting or standing for an prolonged period can also increase the risk for situation. The possibility of having hemorrhoids may improve as a result of age because as a person get older, flexibility of the skins and tissues is reduced, thus minimizing the support within the veins.
On the other hand, you have to know that there are homeopathic treatments available for hemorrhoids ailments. A few of these homeopathic remedies are the following:
* Making use of sitz bath can help minimize swelling and itchiness because of hemorrhoids. This bathing seat can easily fit on the toilet seat and could be bought through your local pharmacy. On the other hand, you can just fill up your tub with warm water and bathe your bottom into it for not less than 10-20 minutes. You can repeat each method more than once per day or right after moving bowels. After having a sitz bath, be sure you dry the anal area immediately but avoid removing it in order to avoid irritating the hemorrhoids.
* Utilizing ice within the affected region or using OTC ointments which contain lidocaine could help relieve the pain sensation due to its numbing effect. There are creams and suppositories that have hydrocortisone and these can be used for the condition. You can apply these once per week to relieve irritation and itching.
* Witch hazel is yet another effective alleviation from the signs and symptoms of hemorrhoids. You can simply apply this using cotton balls to alleviate itching. As this does not come with any negative effects, you can apply it whenever you are suffering from painful symptoms of hemorrhoids and itching.
* Make sure to always maintain the anal area clean. This can be achieved by washing it with warm water. On the other hand, stay away from soap to prevent irritation. After a bowel movement, you can clean the anal region using baby wipes rather than tissue paper.
* Always put on cotton undergarments in order to avoid itching when struggling with hemorrhoids. Always sit down on a cushioned seat to reduce pressure from the anal region as well as the development of hemorrhoids.
A number of lifestyle changes may also be essential against the condition. Certain alterations that you could go for are the following:
* Increase the amount of fiber into your diet by consuming lots of whole grains, fruits and vegetables such as wheat and bran. Fiber supplements may also be helpful. Apart from including more fiber to your diet, make sure that you are drinking adequate amount of water each day. Go for at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to help keep your stools soft and avoid straining during bowel movements.
* Perform daily physical exercises to boost the function of your digestive tract and prevent bowel irregularity. Staying active can reduce the pressure within the anal and rectal are and this will help you maintain a normal body weight.
When your hemorrhoids problem is not responsive to these, it might be necessary to opt for the surgical removal of the afflicted veins. Simply see your personal doctor for a diagnosis of the hemorrhoids as well as to evaluate if it is internal or external hemorrhoids. You will subsequently be advised as to what type of treatment you have to undertake. However, do not forget to ask specifics of the side effects of the surgery before making a final decision regarding it.
In case you would want to go for home cures for hemorrhoids, you need to know that you have a wide array of choice available for you. Having said that, a consultation with your medical doctor is necessary to ascertain the the most appropriate hemorrhoids treatment for the current ailment.